How to Make a Moroccan Vegan Salad in 5-Minutes Flat
This post was kindly sponsored by Jamie’s Italian.
I’m loving getting back to making and eating some fresh, delicious dishes after the food madness of December. This Moroccan vegan salad makes a super healthy lunch, packed with vegetables, chickpeas and olive oil, and it can go from cupboard to table in just five minutes.
I love Moroccan flavours – somehow warming and zesty fresh at the same time. If you enjoy this, try my Moroccan chilled soup recipe.
Despite being served cold, the spices and olive oil in this dish make it quite warming, and a well-needed reminder of hazy holidays and sunshine in this grey, dreary weather.
Good olive oil is essential for this dish (and for many others – most of my salads call for a drizzle of the good stuff). There isn’t much that can beat the summer-ness of a glug of olive oil.
Jamie’s Italian have shared their olive oil buying guide, and it is awesome – who knew there were that many varieties? Check out the guide below, then grab your best bottle and shake up a beautiful dressing for this salad.
Making this 5-minute salad another day? Pin it so you don’t forget!
The 5-Minute Moroccan Vegan Salad Recipe:
- 3-4 Carrots
- 1 400g Tin Chickpeas
- 0.5 cup Sultanas
- 1 tbsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Mustard Seeds
- Handful Fresh Corriander
- Juice and zest of half a Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 0.25 tsp. Paprika
- 0.25 tsp. Cumin
- 0.25 tsp. Corriander
- 0.25 tsp. Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp. Sumac
- Peel and grate the carrots into a bowl. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the bowl too.
- Add the sultanas, poppy seeds and mustard seeds, then mix well (or cover tightly with clingfilm and give it a shake).
- For the dressing, zest the lemon, then cut it in half and squeeze one side with a citrus juicer. Pour the juice into a jar with a lid, then measure in the oil and spices.
- Shake the dressing well, then pour over the salad.
- This dish is best eaten within 24 hours, so make it up in the morning, or the night before, for a simple and healthy desk lunch.