Make up this breakfast the night before, for an energy-fuelled and productive morning
This Apple and Almond Overnight Oats recipe is sponsored by Indigo Herbs, a lovely little company shipping delicious, alternative healthfoods from their base in Glastonbury.
Ever feel like there just isn’t enough time in the morning? Especially in the winter, when getting up for work feels like you’re rising in the middle of the night, the morning struggle is very much real. All too often I end up grabbing a banana and a cereal bar on my way into work because I didn’t get up early enough to make a proper breakfast – and now, when it is cold and grey and gloomy is when you most need a good breakfast, to fuel you through the day (and stop you snacking on a midmorning cake. ahem.) Enter: Apple and Almond Overnight Oats.
Overnight oats are definitely the answer to all of your #MorningProblems. They take, like, 5 minutes to throw together – and thats not five minutes of precious morning time (which, let’s face it, can be the difference between doing your hair or turning up to work sporting the ‘messy bun’ look again), its five minutes of evening time, which is way more do-able. These Apple and Almond Overnight Oats are a delicious variation on the classic.
You can grab a 250g jar of organic raw almond butter from Indigo Herbs for £6.49 here, to give your overnight oats a boost.
Making Apple and Almond Overnight Oats another day? Pin it so you don’t forget!
The Apple and Almond Overnight Oats recipe:
- 0.5 cup Oats (I use gluten-free)
- 0.25 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp. chopped Almonds
- 1 clove*
- 1 cardamom pod*
- 0.25 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp. ground ginger
- 0.5 nutmeg seed, finely grated
- 1 Apple
- 1 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 0.5 cup almond milk
- First, mix the dry ingredients - the oats, almonds, raisins and spices.
- Take the apple and grate it with the rough side of a grater, then add that to the rest of the ingredients, and stir.
- Add the almond milk, honey and almond butter. Mix well and seal in a jar in the fridge overnight.
- *- Watch for these when you come to eating, and leave them out if you're serving to small children as they may accidentally eat them.
It is literally that easy: take five minutes this evening to make up some Apple + Almond Overnight Oats and enjoy a delicious morning energy boost at your desk or on-the-go.